Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

What I wore today: 12/02/2014 (Patches)

Patches outfit: skinny jeans, partial-lace-up frye knee-high boots, Topshop blazer with elbow patches, chambray button-down, cashmere pashmina scarf, braided belt

This may be the last you'll see of my red hair. I've really enjoyed it (and I may come back to it), but I've gotten this notion in my head that I want to try blonde for the first time, and now I'm really excited about it. The trouble with hair color is that (unless you're Nymphadora Tonks) you can't change it absolutely every day to suit your mood. There are still some mornings when I wake up and wish I were brunette again, and I'm sure I'll have blonde mornings when I wish I were redheaded, but, right now, most of my days are filled with a deep, desperate desire to go blonde. 

As for this outfit, it's really a classic winter uniform kind of look for me, bundled up but still keeping some semblance of shape. A few years ago I got really into belting blazers after seeing a lot of French women do it, and I remembered recently how much I love this little accessorizing trick. It's the perfect thing for winter because it keeps cold air out (especially if you knot a scarf around your neck and tuck it in) and adds a bit of interest to a simple outfit. 

If there's one thing that defines my personal style it's classic pieces with interesting details. This outfit is super basic, but I think it's still interesting because of the belt, the boot laces, and the elbow patches on the blazer. Ryan bought this blazer for me at Zara in Soho when we went to New York in October, and I wore it on my first day at my new job last month. I think it's lucky. The patches hide just out of my eyesight so I forget about them, and then, when I catch a glimpse of them, I remember that I'm wearing a lucky blazer.

Patches outfit: skinny jeans, partial-lace-up frye knee-high boots, Topshop blazer with elbow patches, chambray button-down, cashmere pashmina scarf, braided beltPatches outfit: skinny jeans, partial-lace-up frye knee-high boots, Topshop blazer with elbow patches, chambray button-down, cashmere pashmina scarf, braided belt Patches outfit: skinny jeans, partial-lace-up frye knee-high boots, Topshop blazer with elbow patches, chambray button-down, cashmere pashmina scarf, braided belt
Patches outfit: skinny jeans, partial-lace-up frye knee-high boots, Zara blazer with elbow patches, chambray button-down, cashmere pashmina scarf, braided belt

Boots – Frye
Jeans – Gap
Shirt – Anthropologie
Blazer – Zara
Scarf – Nordstrom Rack
Belt – Forever 21

0 comments:

Post a Comment